Fire on Main Street


A late morning blaze broke out over the weekend on Main Street injuring one firefighter and killing several pets.
The fire broke out Saturday at 11:40 a.m. at 311 Main St. Firefighters quickly responded and were able to knock down the flames rather quickly but not before the fire claimed the lives of several family pets.
One firefighter at the scene was rushed to the hospital with a neck injury.
While no one home at the time of the fire the blaze did leave two adults and four children homeless.
The fire chief estimated the to be $350,000 and was started by an electrical short circuit on a piece of equipment on the top floor of the two story wood framed home.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.