By Kevin Kelly
- On the hockey front, Salem State sophomore wing Danielle Kelley and freshman wing Jacqueline Sindoris each notched an assist in the Vikings 3-2 conquest of Becker. Sindoris added a goal in the Vikings 3-1 rematch victory over Becker…BU senior defenseman Matt Grzelyck tallied an assist in the Terriers 2-1 OT triumph over UMass/Lowell.
- Plymouth State junior Meaghan Doherty placed ninth in both the 100 yard and 200 yard breaststroke at the Little East Conference Championships held at UMass/Dartmouth. The Panthers finished their campaign at the New England Championships hosted by the University of Rhode Island last weekend, February 12-14.
- HOCKEY – Boston Latin senior wing Will Ahern scored a goal and added an assist in a 4-0 Wolfpack whitewash of Tewksbury… Malden Catholic junior wing Sean Wrenn deposited a goal in the Lancers 7-3 conquest of Mt. St. Charles Academy. Wrenn added two assists in a Malden Catholic 6-0 dismantling of Franklin…St. Clement senior star Matt Dighton scored four goals to go along with two assists in a 6-2 pounding of Minuteman.
- BASKETBALL – Pope John XXIII junior center Patrick Kelly scored 5 points to go along with 8 rebounds, 5 assists, 4 steals and 2 blocks as the Tigers clinched the Catholic Central League championship in a 93-70 pounding of Matignon last Friday…St. Clement Coach Leo Boucher and his Anchormen clinched an MIAA tourney birth with a 77-43 smackdown of Austin Prep…Charlestown junior guard Anciel Pouret led the CHS Townies with 7 points in a 63-34 defeat at the hands of St. John Prep last week…In a classic game, Pope John XXIII (15-2) boys had their 10-game winning streak snapped in heartbreaking fashion as Malden Catholic prevailed by a 67-65 score last week. With the win, the Lancers (10-7) qualified for the MIAA Division 2 tourney for the 4th year in a row. Tiger junior center Patrick Kelly hit a late-game three-pointer to go along with 7 rebounds, 7 assists and 3 steals.
- SWIMMING – Mystic Valley sophomore Samantha Dagle set the school record for the 100 yard backstroke and has qualified to compete in the MIAA state tourney as part of the Medley relay team, as well as the 100 yard backstroke and 500 yard freestyle events.