MEN’S SOCCER TIES ON THE ROAD
Charlestown FC (the Premier Over 40 Boston soccer club) played to a tie game on Oct. 21 against the Warthogs FC in Foxborough, but still remain at the top of the table. The team needs to win at home in the last match of the season on Nov. 4 in order to secure a spot in Division 5 for the Spring 2019 season. Charlestown is still undefeated with a 4-0-4 record this season and two more games to be played on Oct. 28 and Nov. 4. For more information visit the league’s website at http://othsl.org/cgi-bin/socman.pl?DATADIR=18f&LDN=m6s .
A special thank you to the team’s main sponsor, Monument Tavern, which is sponsoring the team’s equipment, as well as hosting the team every Sunday morning after the games.
IS THAT A WRAP?
Former standout Vermont defenseman Patrick Cullity may have reached the crossroads of his nine-year professional career. After a successful run as a Catamount backliner (two goals, 23 assists), Patrick added impressive ECHL (14 goals, 73 assists) and AHL (one goal, 20 assists) stats to go along with his rugged on-ice reputation, a “family” trademark passed on from a gifted gene pool. Congrats, Patrick, it was a “heckuva” ride.
HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL: STATE PLAYOFFS BEGIN
- Division 3 North: Billerica (2-4) at Tewksbury (6-1), Saturday at 1:30 p.m. TOWNIE ROOTS: Billerica junior QB Nolan Houlihan has tossed 11 TDs and ran for two more.
- Division 4 North: Melrose (4-3) at Gloucester (6-1), Friday at 7 p.m. TOWNIE ROOTS: Assistant Coach Jim Kent.
- Division 6 North: Ipswich (6-1) at Northeast (5-2), Saturday at 1:30 p.m. TOWNIE ROOTS: Northeast senior fullback/linebacker Sean O’Brien has rushed for six TDs and tallied a pair of two-point conversions. Teammate junior signal caller Owen Halley has run for two TDs and added a two-point conversion.
- Division 7 North: East Boston (2-5) at Latin Academy (4-3), Friday at 5 p.m.
TOWNIES: East Boston senior receiver/safety Noah Shiner has enjoyed a solid season. Jets freshman tight end Michael Egan has shown signs of a bright future.
- Division 8 North: Charlestown (4-2) at West Roxbury (5-2), Friday at 5 p.m. TOWNIES: Head Coach Dave Cahill has taken his squad to the next level led by a plethora of standout skill players that include senior quarterback/linebacker/punter Steven Williams (six passing TDs), junior tailbacks Jahwon Ryan (46 scoring points) and Amari Forbes (two rushing TDs), and key contributors Terrell McQueeny, Melvin Jones, Reggie Osirus, Julian Curry, Jeremiah St. Louis, Chris Michel and Ricardo Darius.