Please join the Charlestown Mother’s Association for one of Charlestown’s most beloved events! The 27th Annual Children’s Halloween Costume Parade at the Bunker Hill Monument will be held on Wednesday, October 31. We will gather at the Monument at 5:00 PM, and the parade will begin at 5:30 PM. Costumes are encouraged for ALL ages!
Some of the fun things in store for this year include:
• A performance by the YAK Dance Crew from 5:00-5:30. This is a fantastic break dance dance crew frequently found performing in front of large crowds at Faneuil Hall.
• Glow necklaces and trick or treat bags will be distributed prior to the parade.
• The parade will start at the front of the Monument with The Tony Barry Band and the Monument Square Wizard leading the way— keep an eye out for a juggling unicycler and a stilt walker along the route!
• We will continue with an extended parade to the Training Field and up Monument Avenue. This is a great area for younger kids. Mr. Ron the Balloon Man will return, and this year we’ve added a haunted, but not spooky house.
• And of course, trick or treating around the Monument, Training Field and Monument Ave. will continue!
If you live along the parade route, please help by decorating your home and handing out treats in costume.
This Event is Generously Sponsored by:
The Charlestown Mothers Association
The Monument Square Neighborhood Association
The Friends of the Training Field
The National Park Service
The Friends of the Navy Yard
The Cooperative Bank
And many other neighbors and friends
For information, please call 617-791-5663